Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Scripture Acrostic

I was trying to think of scriptures to encourage me to only eat healthily and God brought scriptures about following to my mind. I've got these memorized now. Today I wanted to go get something fattening to eat, but when I recited these scriptures it was totally nipped in the bud. Hence I don't have to worry about any of those calories or any ill effects of the junk food. Hallelujah! God's Word is wonderful and full of power! Praise the Lord!


P L E A S I N G God

Pure
2 Timothy 2:22
Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. (KJV)

Love
1 Corinthians 13:13 &14:1
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
Follow after charity... (KJV)

Eternal life
1 Timothy 6:11-12
...follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. (KJV)

Acceptable
Romans 14:17-19
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. (KJV)

Spirit
1Thessalonians 5:15-19
...but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. (KJV)

In Christ Jesus
Philippians 3:12 &14
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. ...I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (KJV)

Noble
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- think about such things. (NIV)

Good
3 John 1:11
Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God. (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment