Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Beautiful Day

My aunt and uncle, with my uncle's sister and brother in law, arrived this afternoon. It was good to get to see them and visit with them. They drove up just when I was heading out for a walk in the park. They are staying with my mom.

I had a nice short walk. I think my endurance is increasing. I'm glad of this because I can't wait until I can take two mile walks without getting super duper tired.

I enjoyed getting out and doing some shopping today. I mostly got groceries. I did get a new pair of slippers that are really comfy. I also picked up some red hair shampoo, which brings out the red highlights in my dark brown hair. I went to Sally's, Krogers, Sam's Club and Walmart. Today has been a beautiful day.

Today I read something (see anti-inflammatory benefits) about flax seeds and walnuts, which are rich in Omega 3. These would be a lot better for me than the peanut butter sandwich I eat everyday. So I decided to replace my nightly peanut butter and banana sandwich with a smoothie made with yogurt, blueberries, flaxseed, and walnuts. I just made my smoothie and liked it. I got a coffee grinder and ground my own flax seeds.

I'm about to do my Bible reading for the day. I like doing this in the morning. I didn't feel well at all this morning but I now I feel good. I'm glad I was still able to make the most of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment