Monday, February 15, 2010

A Busy Day Planned

I'm up at a good hour this morning. Today I'm looking forward to having lunch with my youngest sister. She wants to try my chalupa soup and we're also doing a Bible study together. The Bible study is Beth Moore's "Stepping Up" on the Psalms of Ascent, a great Bible study. This afternoon I have an appointment. It's 31 degrees and very windy today so I'm going to try to walk on the indoor track at the gym. I missed taking a walk yesterday afternoon because I was so sleepy I had to take a nap. I'm hoping to thoroughly clean my kitchen this morning, including mopping the floor.

I really had an appetite yesterday and overshot my calorie allowance. My goal is to eat about 1,600 calories most days, but yesterday I had about 2,200. Atleast it was no junk food. Often it is so easy to stay within 1,600 calories that, on days when I want to eat more, I don't manage as well as I could. I think I need to eat more vegetables and drink more water. These are good for controlling hunger, as well as staying busy. I want to try to stay at eating at about 1,600 calories for a year and then I should see some good and welcome changes in my health and appearance.

I want to start painting again. I used to love painting T-shirts and sweatshirts. I like the Tulip fabric paints because they don't have fumes. I think if I stretch my own canvas, prewashing it first, I'll be able to use fabric paints to paint pictures. I hope I can find all I need in this paint line. I've got to check at another store because the store I went to this weekend didn't have a full line of Tulip paints. I love art and working with colors. I keep thinking about all the cute coloring pictures the elementary school teachers provide for their students. I was a substitute teacher in elementary schools a few years ago. I remember how much fun these were to me when I was a child. Often the coloring pictures have a holiday celebration theme. I think every day, even in the rather mundane things, offers something worth celebrating.

Psalms 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment