Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Lovely Spring Day

I had a wonderful two mile walk this morning. The temperature was a brisk sixty degrees this morning, a beautiful overcast day. I saw heavy pollen falling from a tree all over the road. My stamina and breathing during walks is still improving! I can't wait to bump up my walks to the 2.5 mile then 3 mile levels because I get to see more beautiful scenery and really lose weight when I do this.

I had lunch with my parents and made grilled wild salmon. My mother liked the way I fixed it. I was glad because I've been encouraging her to eat salmon for the great health benefits.

I fixed some delicous healthy brownies, with organic wheat flour and honey, this afternoon. I'd been eating a little Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate everyday, but decided to try something less expensive. I know dark chocolate has health benefits and I'm hoping that these brownies, made with three-fourths a cup of cocoa, will be just as good for me. I had to learn how to have self-control in eating dark chocolate, and now I want to exercise the same self-control with these brownies. I cut the brownies into 200 calorie servings and ate one a few minutes after they came out of the oven. For supper I ate two brownies. From now on though, I just want to eat one each day. I froze the brownies in convenient individual servings.

I had wanted to jump in on housecleaning after I cooked the brownies but I was tired. I got on the computer for a while. After I was rested I cleaned the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink, vanity area and mirror. This wasn't a whole lot of housecleaning, but each little bit that I do lessens the number of chores that need to be done, which encourages me.

No comments:

Post a Comment