Monday, March 8, 2010

After the Rain a Nice Evening

It was a great day to take a long nap because of the rainy weather. This evening I wanted to get out. First I picked up a few things I needed at Krogers. Then I got a ginger-peach tea to go and visited my brother and his family. I love my brother and his family. It was great visiting with them. My brother really makes me laugh a lot. He is hilarious and he's also a wonderful Christian. He liked hearing me quote all the scriptures I currently have memorized.
I came home with a big bag of Roma tomatoes I'd gotten on sale. I'd never cooked or even eaten scalloped tomatoes but have been wanting to try them. I remembered seeing an interesting recipe but I think the cookbook was sold in the garage sale (I had way too many books). I sliced the tomatoes, sprayed canola oil on them, and sprinkled with onion powder, black pepper, and dried basil. I baked it uncovered for almost an hour at 350F then added soft whole wheat bread crumbs and cooked it for about 15 more minutes. Overall I'm kind of happy with how it turned out. I served it with Parmesan cheese. Some bites of tomatoes taste too spicy and some taste great. I think next time I'll just add a little of the basil to the bread crumbs, instead of sprinkling it directly on the tomatoes, so it wont taste so spicy. I really, really love vegetables and I'm glad to add another vegetable dish to my repetoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment