Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Heart and Housecleaning

I was glad to have a day without anything planned except to do laundry and housecleaning. I got a lot accomplished today and plan on working on the rest of the things on my "to do" list tomorrow. It wasn't a struggle at all, as it often is, to nudge myself to start housecleaning today. I'm still saying a lot of scriptures I've memorized to help me with this. What greatly motivated me today was a commentary I read on Proverbs 17:3 last night.

Proverbs 17:3 The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts. (KJV)

I was really thinking about all the effort I had put into memorizing scripture, for the purpose of becoming diligent in caring for my home, realizing that God was going to try my heart after I got up and had breakfast to see if I actually would be diligent. I got a lot of things completed that I had been wanting to do and I even had fun doing it.

I took a one mile walk this evening and I'm glad that, even though I didn't walk two miles, at least I got in both housecleaning and a walk today. If I keep at it I think my stamina will improve and then will be able to take more two mile walks. I want to be sure I work at keeping a clean home home and not just on exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment