Friday, May 1, 2009

May Scripture Memory, Per Request

I think I'm becoming quite a tea drinker. Today at Starbucks in Krogers I had some wild sweet orange tea which was so good. This evening I've been drinking apple cinnamon and honey vanilla chamomile.

My mom, stepfather, and my sister and I had a lot of yummy veggies with lunch today. My mom and I both cooked. I'm so glad that when I was craving ice cream yesterday, I decided what I really wanted was some good veggies. The ice cream cravings still occur. I keep trying to remember to get some bananas and freeze them. Frozen bananas taste kind of like ice cream to me-- they're good!

While I've been drinking my tea this evening, I've been memorizing the first few verses of John Chapter 3. On my
computer, I color code repeated words in the scripture and type the scripture over and over, which primes my mind so I can memorize more easily. My mother requested for me to memorize John 3. I'm happy that she asked me to. For the Living Proof Ministries (LPM) Siesta Scripture Memory Team I've committed to memorize the first eighteen verses for this month, but I'm hoping to really work on it and memorize the whole chapter as soon as I can, since I'm looking forward to when I can recite it from memory to my mom. I'm memorizing it in the New King James Version. For LPM I'm supposed to memorize one scripture twice a month but I like the challenge of memorizing a lot of scripture. Memorizing scripture tightens my grip on the sword of the Spirit-- which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:17), then I can recite it like I'm a warrior princess!

I'm off to write this month's scripture in my spiral index cards.


John 3:1-18

You can read John 3 in the New King James Version here:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%203&version=50

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. KJV

1 comment:

  1. Good for you memorizing scripture! I need to start memorizing again :) I haven't memorized any in ages!

    That tea sounds SO yummy!!

    ReplyDelete