Sunday, May 3, 2009

Storm

We had torrential wind and rain this morning. Walking into my mother's house for our family Bible study, I caught the worst of the storm. I had an umbrella, but the lower half of my dress, which was new, got soaking wet, though no harm was done to the dress. After drying off with a towel, my mom told me to stand by the stove, then she began blow drying my dress. I really appreciated it. When my sister arrived we heard that a tree was blown down near her home. My niece's boyfriend said lights were out except on our block. We had our Bible study. My brother-in-law always gives us a wonderful Bible study lesson.

After our Bible study it sounded like it was going to begin storming again and I decided to go home instead of going to church. I walked extra fast when I got to the sidewalk and saw approaching cars, to avoid a supersized splash.

After I got home I changed clothes and started eating an early lunch (I ate breakfast early this morning). Then I noticed the weather was clearing up and I really wished I'd gone to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment