Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Need Some Veggies!

I saw a rainbow and lots of hazey pale pink clouds as I was leaving at 6:30am to go swimming. I had a wonderful swim and my new snorkel worked well. The last time I got a new snorkel it happened to be a defective snorkel. I wish the lap pool would be open tomorrow but I think it's going to be closed for a few days. They closed it today because of a visibility problem. The life guard said she noticed I couldn't see where I was going (when I wasn't in the lap lane). The pool was also closed for the same reason very recently.

I had an afternoon appointment. Then I went to the library. I was so tired when I got home. Since I ate something I'm getting renergized. I'm hoping to have lots of vegetables for lunch tomorrow. My mom is cooking green beans and I might cook some squash, purple hull peas & ??? Now what else do I want to cook? I remember my mom cooking meals with lots of wonderful vegetables from our garden, when I was growing up.


Lentil Salad

I bought a poblano pepper and cooked it in some lentils with garlic and cumin till al dente. The lentils absorbed all the cooking liquid. For salad add olive oil mayo & malt vinegar (about half & half) + a little spicey brown mustard with plenty of black pepper. I love this lentil salad! It should have a delicious tangy taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment