Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Hourglass and House Cleaning

I was really set on catching up on housecleaning today. Suffice it to say that I didn't have any pep this morning. I went to the gym because I thought this would help and I needed to exercise anyway. I had a great workout. I've swum for the past two days too. When I got home I was tired and needed a nap. I got some vacuuming and laundry late this afternoon. This seems to be the most productive time of the day for me to do housework; there's just not as long a period of time to do it! I was pretty exasperated about being behind on housework, but while vacuuming I started thinking about how nice it will be that my carpet is vacuumed. Sometimes little things like this can change your whole perspective and I'm grateful for this. As much as I would like to, I don't know if I'll ever be able to spend my morning hours whizzing around and getting everything spotless. I'm uncomfortable wasting useful time, so I atleast need to find something worthwhile to do in the morning. Well I did make a helpful spreadsheet for keeping up with Dr. Horner's Bible reading system, after I couldn't access the website where I've been reading all the scripture. The problem is I keep forgetting to do my Bible reading.

I did a Bible study on lust this week after hearing my sister talk about the things of the world-- the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh & the pride of life (1st John 2:16) and the need to renew your mind (Ephesians 4:22-24 & Romans 12:2) . About a week prior to this, while we were talking about the Bible, my sister mentioned something about lust and I remembered what one of my memory scriptures said about this and quoted it to my sister. It was Ephesians 4:22-24 and my sister reflectively said "yeah, I see that". My interest was piqued after hearing my sister relate this to 1st John 2:16 and I decided to find out all I could of what the Bible says about lust. I'm hoping to be sharing this Bible study with you soon. It consists of about fourteen scriptures in an outline; the Bible has so much to say about lust. It's great to immerse yourself in God's Word; I especially love finding out all I can of what God's Word says about a given topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment