Saturday, July 25, 2009

I've Been Bitten By the Dieting Bug

Mom invited me over for lunch today. We had baked chicken and she also made the best fried eggplant, green tomatos and portobello mushrooms I think I've ever put in my mouth. I'll try to make oven fried eggplant. This afternoon I went to the bake shop to get a cupcake and when they didn't have what I wanted I ended up getting what must be the most fattening thing there-- a brownie tower. But the good news is that now I think the dieting bug has finally bit me. This is the only way I know how to describe it. I've been wanting to diet again. However there's nothing like being enthusiastic about it, which helps me to be zealous and successful. I weighed myself yesterday and I've gained about ten pounds. I hope I can stay on this diet for a long time and avoid regaining any weight. It's so needed and would be wonderful for both my health and appearance. I hope I break my pattern of mistakenly thinking that I can get off of my diet for a meal and get right back on it. What happens is that being off my diet for a meal, turns into being off my diet for days and weeks or longer-- in other words good bye diet. This is so sad because the dieting bug doesn't bite often and when my good dieting mode is lost I just can't seem to recover it. So I end up not losing the pounds I so need to shed and even putting on more weight. I think it would wise for me to just not get off my diet.

I took a short walk late this evening. It seemed like I had more pep in my step. I'm glad for this and think it's due to walking more regularly, at least a few times each week. It's so nice that it really cools down in the evening before the sun goes down. This is such a nice time to take a walk. It's amazing to me how significantly the the length of the days changes throughout the year. A few months from now I'll be taking evening walks about three hours earlier, an hour of which is due to daylight savings time.

Two things that really stand out to me at this time of year are hummingbirds and the last of the good watermelons. My mom and stepfather have hummingbird feeders in their yard but I haven't seen any hummingbirds myself yet, but my mom says she has seen them. I'm looking forward to seeing them too. We had some really good watermelon this week--the best of this summer. Half of it is still in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment