Monday, July 13, 2009

Mid July Countdown

Today's been a nice day. I've been kind of tired from yesterday's swimming, shopping and busyness. Today my mom and I cooked lunch together. We had baked chicken, broccoflower with cheese, and baked potatoes. I love brocoflower but hadn't had it in years. After lunch I took a long nap. This evening I couldn't believe how hot it was when I walked to the laundry room. At least we're already almost halfway through the month of July. I'm always eager for September to arrive, not only because it's my birthday month, but also because sometime during the month of September it cools off, at least a little. My mom said she hopes we'll have a long mild autumn--me too and I'm praying for an early autumn like last year.

I made some liquid soap this evening. I have trouble finding liquid soap that won't dry my hands. I liked Dove hand soap but I can't find it anymore. So I grated two bars of Dove Cream Oil soap and melted it a gallon of heated distilled water. I hope it turns out good. It's quite thin and watery right now but it should thicken up in a day or so. The last time tried making liquid soap it solidified.

Liquid soap making instructions:

http://greenliving.suite101.com/article.cfm/diy_make_liquid_soap

1 comment:

  1. We just saw brocoflower for the first time this weekend! I'm gonna buy it soon to try. It's purdy.

    I think it's funny how a lot of people are waiting for September because that's when it cools off. Here we don't want September to come because that's when it cools off lol.

    I hope your soap turns out!

    ReplyDelete