Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rutabega

I cooked one of my favorite foods a different & healthier way today. It's rutabega! I usually eat rutabega that's been cooked with ham. In fact once I tried cooking it without ham and I couldn't even eat until I added ham to it. I decided cook a small rutabega in the microwave and season it with cumin. I like it a lot!

Here's my recipe:

Half a small rutabega (you'll probably need a hammer or something to use like a hammer to do this). Peel the rutabega and cut in about 1/2 inch cubes. Place in a small microwave safe cooking dish. Add water to about to about 1 1/2 inches from the top of the dish (or almost cover the rutabega with water). Loosely cover and microwave for about 7-10 minutes, stirring about every two minutes for even cooking. Add more water if needed. Sprinkle with cumin when served. Add salt and/or pepper if needed.

EDIT: I discovered that I didn't like these rutabegas nearly as well when I ate left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment