Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Weather & Encouragement through Scripture

I went back to get my umbrella when I was leaving for my walk late this afternoon. I walked in the rain a few blocks then the rain stopped. I loved the scent of rain in the air and the nice breeze. It was nice being able to enjoy a beautiful overcast day instead of the weather dictating my volatile mood, I noticed it was getting sunnier though just as I returned home.

I dealt with my cravings for a fast food hamburger-- actually I had justified getting a fast food hamburger, then I talked to God about seriously considering getting a fast food hamburger when it wouldn't be good at all for my health. Confessing this to God was a turning point for the good. I love 1st John 1:9!

I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (KJV)

I decided to cook some lentils with garlic & cumin. They're delicious too. I simmered the lentils in a minimal amount of water and cooked them til al dente perfection so they would have kind of a meaty taste.

Reading some scriptures from Nehemiah and the 8th chapter of Proverbs today helped give me some enthusiasm for housecleaning today. Scripture is so inspiring. Overcoming procrastinaton related to negative attitudes is a real battle for me often, but I think I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Here is a link to Proverbs 8, New International Version:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=prov%208&version=31

These scriptures in Nehemiah tell of the opposition faced in rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem, and how the opposition was overcome!

Nehemiah 4:1, 8-9, 17, 19-21 & 6:9
But it came to pass, that when Sanballat heard that we builded the wall, he was wroth, and took great indignation, and mocked the Jews. ...And conspired all of them together to come and to fight against Jerusalem, and to hinder it. Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night, because of them. ...They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon. ...And I said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, The work is great and large, and we are separated upon the wall, one far from another. In what place therefore ye hear the sound of the trumpet, resort ye thither unto us: our God shall fight for us. So we laboured in the work: and half of them held the spears from the rising of the morning till the stars appeared. ...For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands. (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment