Monday, March 9, 2009

Meatloaf, Exercise & Bible Study

I swam today. I was gung ho yesterday and both swam and went for a walk. We've been having nice weather and I'm loving the extra hour of daylight now! Besides getting a new swimsuit, I recently got some new walking shoes. My past three pairs of walking shoes were given to my by my mom, and they were already broken in. This must have sort of spoiled my feet, because my ankles are quite ouchy since trying to break in my new walking shoes. I can't wait until this "ouchy"ness is gone and it seems to be a little better.

I've been busy working on my Ephesians Bible study which I like. It's taking a lot of determination and good time management for the homework part. This is the first Precept Bible study I've really participated in. Covering the Precept Study selected Bible book text, from a lot of different angles, keeps you immersed in the scripture you're studying, and really seems to help it sink into your mind, even if it's scripture you're familiar with.

I made a good tofu and ground turkey meatloaf this weekend. I love meatloaf! I thought the texture and taste was a lot like regular meatloaf. It had a mild but good flavor. My mom said it was good but she'd prefer it with more meat and less tofu. Here is the recipe if you're interested. This recipe is kind of random, since I decided to put a little of my piquant homemade BBQ sauce in it. Instead of the BBQ sauce you may want to try adding some Italian tomato paste, more Worcestershire sauce, or dry soup mix.

Ground Turkey & Tofu Meatloaf

1 tube ground turkey (I think approximately 1 lb.)
14 oz. extra-firm tofu in water, prefrozen & thawed
1/3 cup instant milk
about 3/4 cup water
1 egg
2-3 tbsp. of my piquant homemade BBQ sauce
3/4 cup rolled oats
8 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic pressed
1 small-medium onion, microwaved whole
vegetable oil spray

Slice tofu into 6 large cubes and try to squeeze all the water out of the tofu. Place tofu in a large bowl and crumble it. Add ground turkey and mix well. Blenderize water, instant milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, onion and garlic. Add to tofu and meat mixture. Mix well. Add rolled oats (just enough for the right consistency). Place in a pan which has been sprayed with vegetable oil. Shape meatloaf (about 2 1/2-3 inches thick, for quicker cooking). Bake uncovered in 350F preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment