Thursday, March 19, 2009

Memory Scripture Demonstrates the Importance of a Relationship With God

I began learning this Scripture March 1st as a part of the Living Proof Ministries Siesta Scripture Memory Team. Beth's memory scripture for the first two weeks of March was Hebrews 10:35-36. I decided to add it to the Scripture I had already selected from Hebrews 10.

There's going to be a "Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration Event", and it's not too late to get in on it!!!

http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2009/03/siesta-scripture-memory-team-verse-6.html

I've almost got this Scripture memorized through verse 14. I've been really working on it a lot for the past few days. Memorization of long scripture passages isn't required; however I like the challenge; committment to memorize just 24 scriptures in twelve months was asked for. I've been busy this month trying to get caught up on my Precept Ephesians study and I got to research and present a five minute Bible study on the bronze serpent at our family Bible study (click on the links to read the Scripture)

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=numbers+21%3A5-9

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=john+3%3A14-16&src=esv.org

and a Bible study on Counterfeits of things in God's Kingdom. Recently I was talking to my mom about counterfeits; it interested her and said she wanted me to give a talk on it. When I was getting the second Bible study ready, there were so many questions raised in my mind, that I thoroughly studied the book of Revelation.

Hebrews 10:5-7; 10-16; 35-36
link to the English Standard Version: http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=hebrews+10
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God... 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;... 35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. (KJV)

The importance of a relationship with God is seen in this scripture. Until Jesus Christ's death on the cross for our sins, animals were sacrificed for sins to be covered.

Through Jesus' sinless life, the requirements of the Law given to Moses by God, are met.

Whosoever believes Jesus died for their sins is given right standing with God, through Jesus Christ, by grace through faith. It is a free gift.

As Jesus rose from the grave, we too can walk in newness of life.

In the Bible are recorded God's wonderful promises and we also find instructions on how to walk in the light of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment