Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Love Exercise & I Love Studying Ephesians!

I just got home from walking on the track at the gym. Outdoor walks are my favorite but my back needs the kindness of the padded walking track right now, especially since it'll be a at least a few days until I can swim. Swimming is great for my back. Yesterday while I was in the whirlpool at the gym, the whirlpool jet ripped my swimsuit. My swimsuit was old and faded so I needed a new swimsuit anyway. I had to order a swimsuit online and I should have it Friday. I got twenty-five dollars off the price of the swimsuit. While I was walking at the gym today I observed what looked like a Tae Bo class. It looked really fun and like it would be an excellent core work out. I think I want to do this when I get in better shape. They were skipping sideways too! I used to love to do this when I was a kid. I remember I used to say "I could do this forever!" I would need to lose weight before I could do it easily now. I'm trying to eat as sensibly as I can. When I'm able to do a lot of cardio exercise, such as swimming laps and walking, I lose weight. In the past few days my fitness level seems to have improved. It's nice to notice how my breathing gets deeper after a few minutes of aerobic exercise. This happened twice while I was walking today. Staying on track with my exercise is an important priority, which I notice more the older I get.

I've noticed that it really helps, when planning my day, to decide on and really focus on doing the things that matter the most. For example, if there is something I really need to do-- instead of allowing failure in making progress, to cause me to get depressed, I make it my business to make sure I've planned time in my day that will give me a good opportunity to make progress toward attaining that goal. For me this is often related to some kind of housework. Focused work toward attaining important goals is rewarding and the more you practice this the more success it brings.

I've got some catching up to do on my Ephesians Precept Bible study. I've completed one week since last Thursday, but I need to do one more week. I'm behind a week because I started it a week late. Studying Ephesians is a delight! A method used in Precept is distinctly marking different types of keywords in the Bible text. This is fun too. This makes it easy to compile a lot of facts from the Bible text you've marked.

No comments:

Post a Comment