Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Perks of Exercising

This evening when it was time for my evening walk, I was a little tired and the walk seemed pretty strenuous, but after I got back home and did my stretches I felt wonderful. I swam about twenty-two laps yesterday, which could be why I was a little tired. I love it when exercise perks me up. Sometimes if I'm kind of lethargic, even just a little exercise energizes me. A couple of times though I've worked out so much with my therapists that I was disappointingly too tired to go for a walk or swim. When the therapist was here the time previously, stepping up on a high platform 30 times had worn me out. Doing thirty chair push ups used to take all the steam out of me but I can do them a lot more easily now. Yesterday I said I'd do my therapy exercises if they didn't wear me out so much that I couldn't go swimming. Then I was able to swim ten more laps than the last time I swam. I love it when my fitness really seems to be improving! It's one of the things that makes me happiest and of course makes me feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment