Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Nice Saturday

I've been in a great mood today and I had a really nice day. Here's how my day started. I woke up at about 9:30 this morning and called my mom. She told me my sister, who lives out of town, had just pulled in the drive way.

I ate breakfast and got dressed. I had decided to dress up and put on nice make up. When I got to my mom's house, my sister and my mom were working on restoring a table, which was my sister's purpose for visiting today. I visited with them for a while and then told them that I wanted to go somewhere since I'd gotten dressed up.

I went to Books A Million and found a wonderful sale. I got six nice books for a dollar apiece, including a Silver Palate cookbook! The other books I got included a books about presidents, about presidents' mothers, cooking outdoors, caring for roses and a book that tells how introverts can thrive in an extrovert world. I bought my books and got some delicious vanilla almond tea to sip on while I read a magazine.

Then I went to Hobby Lobby and looked around. They have such pretty things there. I found some cream colored silk roses to go with some I already had. I made an arrangement with all the cream colored silk flowers and think it's really pretty. I put it on top of my chest of drawers in my bedroom.

I took a nice one mile walk late this evening and did my stretches. I'm looking forward to hearing a great preacher tomorrow at my sister's church.

No comments:

Post a Comment