Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Lovely Day

Today has been a beautiful day. I went swimming at an indoor pool where I have a membership. The inside of the pool has been totally redone. It looks so nice. It was great to be swimming again! I want to start swimming a lot and taking lots of walks too. There are many good reasons for doing this, one of which is to help me sleep better.

When I was returning home I met my mom and stepfather walking Drew, their Scottish Terrier. Drew got all excited when she realized it was me in the car, when she recognized my voice. Although she's a dog she has a big wonderful personality.

I keep getting ideas for cooking using yogurt! So far I made a marinade/sauce for grilled salmon with plain yogurt and just a few other ingredients. I like it. I want to make some yogurt cheese and use it to make chicken dip, and maybe some chicken enchiladas. Yogurt cheese tastes kind of like a cross between sour cream and cream cheese. I'm not fixated on yogurt-- these are just some good ideas I think and I really want to try them and see.

I had a really nice visit with Mom this afternoon. We sat on the porch until it got too hot. Drew, Mom's Scotty, wanted lots of love and attention. She's like that when it's been a while since I visited.

I'm looking forward to church in the morning. I've already picked out my clothes and even chose which makeup and earrings I'm going to wear. Having these decisions already made makes getting ready a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment