Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Want A Disciplined Life

These are some disciplines I want to maintain each day in no particular order. However I need order in my life or I'll get to feeling bedraggled.

(1) Do elastic band arm exercises, which keeps my shoulders from feeling tight in addition to helping to condition my upper body.

(2) Keep my apartment as neat as a pin. When I don't it just gets to looking worse. I'm so much happier when my apartment looks nice.

(3) Read the Bible online following Prof. Horner's Bible Reading System, reading at least half of the ten chapters each day. I love the staying in the Word and I miss too many blessings if I don't stay in the Word.

(4) Blog about what was most meaningful to me in my day's Scripture reading.

(5) Earnestly work on memorizing a Scripture acrostic. Knowing God's word well enough to recite it any time floods my mind with transforming spiritual truths.

(6) Eat 1,500 to 1,800 calories of healthy food each day. I can't feel my best if I don't eat healthily and I want to lose weight. Knowing I'm genuinely working on losing weight makes me more cheerful and optimistic.

(7) Walk or swim everyday if at all possible, unless I'm really tired and need to rest. Exercise makes me feel great and I want to stay at the top of my game. Aerobic exercise burns fat too.

(8) Avoid procrastinating on anything I really need to get done-- make it a priority. I think procrastinating can keep you from flourishing.

I may be adding more things to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment