Thursday, January 29, 2009

There is Sunshine in My Soul

I've been singing some hymns this morning, including "Sunshine in My Soul"-- which has given me a blessed frame of mind to begin my day with. Click on the link for lyrics:

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/s/u/sunshine.htm

I've been thinking about my cooking. We have a local restaurant which serves BBQ stuffed baked potatoes that are really good. I decided to try to prepare these at home. I usually just eat sweet potatoes at home because they are less fattening, according to my Sugar Buster's book. I absolutely loved sweet potatoes stuffed with chicken, topped with BBQ sauce, and plain yogurt (like sour cream without all the calories). The other day I invited my sister for a lunch of BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potatoes; she was busy-- but she and her husband came over for supper. My sister loves trying new things and I love it that she and her family have liked my creative recipes. At the dinner table she told my brother-in-law "put your chicken in your sweet potato with the BBQ sauce and sour cream; it's real good like that". To me this is a cute quote. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment