Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year Scripture Acrostic

This is one of my scripture acrostics for the new year. Often I wish would make more godly choices and actions. There are so many small and large decisions to make each day, and keeping to good paths is important. I'm so grateful I have the powerful resource of God's Word to help me overcome anything! This acrostic is to help me in avoiding making unspiritual decisions. Luke 22:15 inspired me and helps me remember that Jesus desired to do good things.

Cast off
Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. (KJV)


Escape the corruption
2 Petet 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (KJV)


Sacrifices Acceptable to God
1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. (KJV)


Spirit of your mind
Ephesians 4:21-23 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; (KJV)


Integrity
Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: (KJV)


Now
Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: (KJV)


Godliness
1 Peter 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God

No comments:

Post a Comment