Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good Rainy Day

I loved being in God's Word today while waiting at the doctor's office two different times today! This made it a great day in spite of not being able to plan my day like I wanted to. There were some sweet spirited people at the doctor's office (and this is also true of the guy who put air in my tires this morning).

It's been a rainy day today. It was dark and overcast and I got a little wet walking to my car after my doctor's appointment. It's been raining pretty often lately but sometimes I wish we got more rain when it does rain. I can't believe winter is going by so fast. We usually have plenty of cold weather in February but see some spring weather late in February often with blossoming azaleas, which are one of the first sweet harbingers of spring, and so beautiful. I love the seasons. I'm thrilled with different things about each season and praise God's majestic handiwork.

I just started on a 1,500 calorie diet and I'm excited about it. This is phenomenal because in the past I've always wanted a heartier diet than 1,500 calories. Now I welcome petite portions and the awareness of a low level of hunger because I'm anxious for the demise of my excess fat. I planned a diet based on things I really like. I can manage to get some variety but basically eat a lot ot the same things each day --which eliminates meal planning which can be stressful when you're on a diet. I heard that if you have a starting and ending point for doing something it makes it easier to be disciplined. So every two weeks I'm going to take a couple of days off and maybe go out to eat or cook a great meal that I don't usually eat because of the diet. Preparing a light dessert is also going to be a part of my break from my diet every two weeks. I'll just eat one portion and give the rest away. I want to do a Youtube video about starting my diet and to keep up with my progress but I need to get someone to film me because I don't have a video camera.

I was reading Job 39 today where God is asking Job if by Job's wisdom certain animals get their characteristics, some of which are stunning. Job had asked God a lot of questions about why his circumstances turned out the way they did and about God's dealings with him. Job 39 puts light on why God lets things happen that we don't understand, because we don't know significant things about God's creation, illustrating how much more God knows than we know. We can be secure in the fact that God lets things happen because of the divine plan of our loving creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment