Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Puppy

My sister brought, Abby, her new Malti-poo puppy to my mom's house today to get her groomed. The groomer does home grooming but doesn't operate in my sisters location. First we had lunch. Mom cooked us wonderful omelets with ham, mushrooms, green onions and tomatoes. I brought the mushrooms and tomatoes and Jill brought the green onions, ham and light sour cream for a topping.

Peggy the groomer arrived. We're friends with her. The name of Peggy's business is "Precious Paws" which she has written on her car doors. She was so good and gentle at bathing and grooming Abby. Abby looks even cuter now. She wasn't all for the grooming process but she really seemed to be adapting well. As Jill says "She's real, real good some of the time." Jill also told us about how fast Abby is at running and how she jumps and leaps. She can already climb the cellar stairs and she's so tiny. Mom's Scottish Terrier, Drew, got to watch Abby get groomed. Drew is usually always locked in her kennel when Abby comes over. Today Abby was poking her nose between the wires of Drew's kennel. Drew likes Abby's company. It's sad to me that we can't let them play together. It's not that we think Drew would try to hurt Abby but Drew likes to pounce on things with her two front paws, which could injure Abby.

Afterwards I went home and had a good nap. I got up and took a mile walk. I want to go swimming soon and as soon as I get some bills paid and housecleaning done I'm going to. After my walk I wanted to go somewhere-- really to the library, but it was going to be dark soon and I don't like to go after dark because of the area of town it's in. I was kind of unhappy about this but I quickly got over it.

I started working on my recently acquired practice of online Bible reading/blogging. I love doing this. I'm following Professor Horner's Bible reading system. However since I started making blogging a part of this I only read about half of the ten chapters a day. Professor Horner's Bible reading system is a wonderful plan. You should check it out! For my Bible reading/blogging I copy the scriptures, that speak to me the most, from my online Bible reading for the day, into my scripture journaling blog and write notes about what God is saying to me through them. This is helping me so much spiritually and it's so good to be able to go back and read what God has been saying to me. It helps me stay focused and gives me specific things to pray about.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog Aunt Andrea! Your heart for God's word is very encouraging to me.

    Love you!

    Your Nephew Jake

    ReplyDelete