Thursday, December 9, 2010

Greeting the Day With a Smile!

This morning meditating on two scriptures I'd memorized helped me to get up and face the day enthusiastically! I'm so thankful I slept last night. I've had several sleepless nights lately. This forces me to sleep in the daytime. Sleeping in the daytime a lot it brings greater temptation to go back to sleep even if I've just gotten plenty of sleep. Daytime sleeping causes me so much consternation. I'm left with hardly any time to be productive. There are so many things that I need to do!

I thought about fruit of the Spirit which I had prayed about last night.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (NIV)

Thinking about this scripture this morning, I mostly asked for peace and patience in starting my day.

Next Proverbs 21:5, which I also prayed about last night, came to my mind. This Bible verse really encouraged me. I prayed for diligence and a profitable day.

Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty. (NIV)

These two scriptures along with prayer filled me with good cheer. I sprang up out of bed with enthusiasm and began my day with courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment