Monday, October 19, 2009

Back Home

I had to be hospitalized for a few days this month and then stayed with my mom and stepfather for a few days. I sure enjoyed the hospitality. While I was in the hospital my mom started spring cleaning my apartment, getting rid of clutter and getting it organized beautifully. My sister helped her and I helped some too after I got out of the hospital.

My mom is so precious to me. She has golden character! I love seeing her purposefully carrying out her plans. She's humble and winsome. I love her so much! It means so much to me that she is my mom. Now she is getting ready for my stepfathers family to be houseguests. She cooked gumbo today and I cut up some vegetables to go in the gumbo.

I've been getting some home health therapy and had to rest for about three hours today after having to do thirty chair push ups! I took a two mile walk this evening--so glad to be able to do this again and hopeful about getting to go swimming soon!

It seems like God is pouring His grace out on me in various ways, and I'm so thankful and truly want to live in a way that glorifies Him. God has helped me to recuperate quickly from a serious health issue. I'm so glad I'm really on a good track with my eating and am losing weight. I'm so glad my apartment is really clean, including my walk in closet and I'm looking forward to inviting some friends over --probably for some homemade sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment